Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 28 - Inspired by a Flag

For the flag challenge I had to pay tribute to my birthplace of Belorussia which is a big part of my childhood memories. Even though I moved to the US as a kid and have now lived here twice as long as I ever lived there, it is still near and dear to my heart.

For the manicure I used two coats of Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar for the red (both the base and the stamping). The green is three coats of Wet 'n Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch. The white is French White Creme also from Wet 'n Wild. Sadly the red seeped through the white and discolored it. I even tried covering it with white acrylic paint, but the red still seeped through. This happened before in my 4th of July manicure, but I completely forgot until seeing it turn pink right in front of my eyes again.

For the border pattern I used Bundle Monster plate BM-213 which I thought was an excellent match for the flag pattern. Slightly less detailed, but who am I to complain :)




Here is the flag of Belorussia that was my inspiration today...
Image from Flags.net

Let me know what you think! :D

Thanks for looking,
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow I am so loving this! I need to try stamping my funky french!! I am loving this!! And thank you so much again for helping me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it and glad I could help! Can't wait to see your stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anutka, how sweet that you paid tribute to your roots. Until your post, I didn't know what the Belorussie flag looked like and now I know... ALSO, I can't believe how well you used this stamp and how incredibly well it fit into the manicure! superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally amazed how it came out!!! You're soo talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out awesome! You picked out a PERFECT stamp and it's so accurate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I was amazed at how close that stamp was as well. It would have never turned out so neat if I had to draw that pattern by hand :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing mani, i see the flag but it also reminds me of christmas ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so true! They are very Christmasy colors :)
    Not the exact colors of the flag, but close enough :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...